How do I differentiate common functions?
- These are the common results
How do I differentiate exponentials and logarithms?
- The two basic differentiation formulae are:
- From those basic formulae are derived these two additional formulae:
- And for exponentials more generally:
- This last formula can be derived from Formula 3 by using the chain rule
How do I differentiate the reciprocal trigonometric functions?
- The formulae for the derivatives of the reciprocal trigonometric functions are:
- You can derive the derivatives for sec, cosec, and cot using the chain rule and the derivatives of the basic trigonometric functions
All of the above are in the formula book, make sure you know how to find them. They will be particularly useful when working with identities and when integrating trigonometric functions.