What is a vector?
- Vectors represent a movement of a certain magnitude (size) in a given direction
- You should have already come across vectors when translating functions of graphs
- They appear in many contexts of maths including mechanics for modelling forces
- Vectors can be represented in different ways such as a column vector or as an i and j unit vector
- Think of vectors like a journey from one place to another.
- Diagrams can help, if there isn’t one, draw one.
- In your exam you can’t write in bold so should underline your vector notation.